I positively adore all things nautical and have been especially pleased that it’s been such big trend this year. In fact, I love this style so much that I decided to do a series of DIYs showcasing all things nautical. First up is this lovely nautical rag wreath, which is super easy to make and doesn’t require a ton of supplies.
- One 4 loop 18″ wire wreath frame
- 3 yards of off-white or solid colored canvas-like material
- 1 1/2 yards of heavy material in nautical stripes
- 1 1/2 yards of braided nautical rope
- A seashell, starfish, or other type of embellishment (optional)
- Rotary cutter
- Cutting mat
I really enjoyed making this nautical-inspired crafty project. Plus, the options are endless. Rag wreaths are traditionally made out of left over scraps (or rags) of fabric, so this would be great for all you sewers out there who don’t know what to do with your extra fabric. You can always use different fabrics for an entirely different look, such as mixing florals and bright colors for a summery look. I think I’ll make one in the fall with dusty autumn browns, deep reds, and burnt orange.
Happy Crafting! ~Kat